My latest book is now available on Kindle! The book is a short guide to doing applied mixed-methods research. It’s ideal for people who work in applied research role in industry, but may not have a broad, methodological training in both qual and quant research methods.
- A constructivist view of technology
- How the qual/quant divide plays out
- Abandoning the scientific method: the creative encounter
- Mitigating the weaknesses of qual and quant research
Why mix methods?
Ways to mix methods
How to mix methods, step by step
- Project kick-off and framing
- Developing shared understanding about research needs and resource constraints
- Framing your approach: inductive or deductive frame?
- Social Infrastructure: preparing teams for mixed methods
- Research design
- Priority or dominance
- Data collection: simultaneous or sequential
- Sequential designs
- Simultaneous designs
- Clarifying concepts or variables
- Data analysis and interpretation: mixing Induction and Deduction
- Can analysis and interpretation be a team sport?
- During reporting
New Horizons for Mixed Methods Research
Conclusion: To Mix or Not to Mix?