Sam Ladner studies technology in the academic and private sector. Dr. Ladner specializes in ethnographic research for marketing, and design. Her clients have included GSK Canada, Citibank, Moneris, Dell, VeriSign, Unilever, and Genentech. Her research has been published in peer-reviewed journals, has driven innovative online products such as an online credit card selector, and has powered mobile advertising campaigns. In addition to running her own firm, Dr. Ladner served as postdoctoral fellow with the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University, where she has taught qualitative research to hundreds of students.
She works as user researcher at Microsoft in Redmond.
Sam is currentlywriting a book: Practical Ethnography: A Guide to Doing Ethnography in The Private Sector.
Sam around the Web:
- Sam’s LinkedIn profile
- Sam’s slideshare, featuring slideshows on sampling methods, ethnography, and technology of time
- Sam on “the radio,” aka, Radio Johnny Podcast on design research
- Sam on video: the Pecha Kucha Ignite Toronto event: social selves and technology design
- More Sam on video: preview of the IxDA Waterloo presentation: research design for designers
- Sam at Canada 3.0 speaking about millennials and technology design